Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pictures from Camping Trip

Here are some pictures from our camping trip last weekend. We went to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. There are buffalo, elk, deer, bobcats, and lots and lots of prairie dogs that roam freely throughout the park. I really wanted to try and find some elk, and thanks to the watchful eye of Lesli, she spotted some out on the prairie early one morning so I was able to get some pictures. There will be more on my photo site, http://www.paulmoyes.smugmug.com later.
We hiked to the top of a mountain one morning and Avery was pretty proud of herself. She's the king of the world...
The trees were all changing so it was really pretty.

Tanner wan't to test out his "Survirorman" skills so we took a pretty long hike. I think I about killed him because we dropped down in this canyon and I almost had to pack him on my back on the way back to camp.
Here's a couple bull Rocky Mountain elk (living in Oklahoma) we spotted.






Avery was content to play in whatever dirtpile she could find the whole weekend.
We didn't get a chance to wash her face before this pick..

1 comment:

Castiel Moyes said...

that looks so fun! And really pretty. i would have never thought it was that pretty in the midwest. Say hi to Lesli