Thursday, November 01, 2007

Camping!

It finally cooled down enough to go do some camping with the kids. We went to Erwin Park in McKinney. Its only 10 miles or so from out house and even though you're still in the city, it at least feels like you've left. That night it got bitter cold, or at least cold for us. I bought a nice sleeping bag from REI a couple of months ago and I was all excited to try it out. I was afraid I would be the only one warm and the kids in their $9 Walmart bag would be freezing. Exact opposite. They slept all through the night and were completely warm, and here I am in my expensive sleeping bag freezing to death. Oh well... Here are some pictures.

Making breafass in the morning.



Daddy and Avery



Avery was extremely excited to get up and help me make sausage and eggs in the morning.



Avery waking up in her sleeping bag.



Tanner cooking smores



Avery cooking smores



Tanner's never met a camera we wouldn't pose for.



Avery and her sunglasses at 7:30 in the morning. By the way, if anyone knows where they are, please let Avery know because we've shed a lot of tears when they went missing.



Tanner and Avery playing Chubby Bunny

4 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

That looks so fun. Dustin and I have made a goal to take our kids camping.....unfortunately we made that goal like two years ago and we still have never done it. GOOD JOB!

Wendy said...

Looks like fun! Your kids are looking so grown-up.

Amanda said...

I'm jealous!! SMores and breakfast over a campfire!! Looks like you guys had fun..sorry you froze to death!

Dustin said...

Mmmmmm, brufuss